I don't get anything for what I do and everything is released as open source so anyone can continue and hack on my code. But if you like what I do or want to sponsor some particular feature (ask first) I do accept donations!
2011-10-16 - Project abandoned
It was a fun hack but doesn't really have a future. Sorry.
2011-08-28 - Finally live!
Ok, time to release! The demo is now up.
It only works on 32 bit Firefox and Chrome on Windows currently.
cnc-plugin is a browser plugin for all NPAPI supporting browsers to encapsulate a cnc-ddraw supported game in any web page.
The plugin ONLY works on Windows and with 32-bit browsers (currently). 64-bit support might be possible to add at some point.
Also: Hi, I'm hifi. I made this. I can be found from the CnCNet IRC channel or contacted by mail (address at the bottom of this page). Comments and suggestions welcome.
Note: This project is still a work in progress! It might crash or do other undesirable things at the moment.
- Any cnc-ddraw game support
- cnc-ddraw cursor locking/unlocking
- Can be installed anywhere as long as the browser finds it (MozillaPlugins registry recommended for non-extension installation)
- Configurable for any game without recompiling
- Firefox supported
- Chrome supported
- Opera supported (currently no way to *install*)
- Installing and updating game data over the internet
- Reference Mozilla/Chrome extension for easy installing with RA support
Multiple games running at the same time is not currently supported or planned.
- See if 64-bit support is possible (I don't have a 64-bit Windows so this is a hard one)
- See if getting it work on 32-bit IE is possible (gratz)
- Implement some window management hacks in cnc-ddraw and make a patch for Red Alert's sound problem
Use the demo page for testing and downloading the end user version.
Source: cnc-plugin @ github